Bainbridge treadle feeders has the most innovative design on the current market, with amazing features that blow others out of the water!!! We sooooo wish they were available when we were breeding large scale numbers of poultry!
- The design of our innovative new treadle feeder reduces vermin problems and food waste.
- Stepping on the mechanical treadle, the bird opens the tilt door that gives access to the feed.
- A rubber bumper prevents the tilt door from hitting the feeder back wall to reduce noise.
- Inward opening flap means that chickens won’t get their heads knocked as they step off the treadle.
- Designed not to be opened by small animals such as wild birds, mice and rats, thereby drastically reducing feed costs.
- These feeders are weather proof and are suitable for outdoor use.
- The feeder is 99% pre-assembled, except for the treadle and the feet, which are mounted easily using a spanner and pliers.
To train your birds to use the feeder, simply weigh the treadle for a few days allowing free access to the feed. The weight can be removed once they are regularly feeding from the treadle feeder. We have found that there are two features that are significant in the successful training and use of a treadle feeder.
WHY BUY THIS BRAND OF TREADLE FEEDER?
To illustrate these features, it is easier to tell you what I don’t like… I don’t like treadle feeders that are wide and flat in design. Often they are made from lightweight materials and need weighing down by a brick or similar inside the feed compartment to avoid it tipping towards the chickens when the feed quantity is low. This means that the capacity is greatly reduced, which is partly what you bought it for in the first place!
Also, the lid of the treadle opens like a jaw and has been known to close on retreating chickens heads. Sparrows and other small birds have also been trapped inside these closing lids, allow them to feed uninterrupted until they are released. And lastly, a metal on metal closing will produce a clanging noise that chickens can be scared of… all these factors can mean that your chickens won’t use the feeder and you have wasted your money.
PICKUP OR POSTAGE
As they are boxed up and ready to go, pickup is available from South-Eastern Melbourne or postage/frieght Australia-wide.