FREIGHT AND DISPATCH TIMES
We take great pride in our 24 hour dispatch policy. We use Australia Post primarily, as they have proven to us over the years to have the best Australia-wide delivery network available for service and tracking. If you have a specific preference for a different freight provider (other than Australia Post), please notify us of this ASAP and we will work with you to get the best price.
Large and bulky items will not be charged a delivery fee on the website at Checkout, as we need to manually check with our network of Freight Companies for the most cost effective price in your delivery area. This includes items such as Brinsea Incubators of 100 egg capacity and larger, the full range of chicken coops, electric fencing and energizers.
For priority processing of your order, an extra flat rate charge of $10 per order will apply. You will need to notify us if your order is urgent so we can work with you to ensure the fastest arrival time possible 🙂
AUTHORITY TO LEAVE OR LEAVING A CARD FOR PICKUP
We highly recommend that you advise us of whether you are happy to provide an AUTHORITY TO LEAVE for your parcel. Without this permission we will normally state that a signature on delivery is required (especially on valuable items), to avoid possible theft from light-fingered neighbours and the like. This also means that items will be undercover from the elements and will arrive in the same pristine condition it was when it left us. We understand that this can sometimes be an inconvenience of a day or so until you receive your item so we encourage you to communicate with us as to what your preference is and the best delivery address for prompt and accurate delivery.
FREIGHT COMPANIES & DELIVERY TIMES
Unfortunately delivery times can vary widely dependent on Carrier Business (Australia Post etc) and individual workers/drivers, and as a result estimated delivery dates and the reality can vary greatly. We are just as frustrated by this as you are, mostly as it is very much out of our control. If they were within our control, everyone would have next day delivery for a pittance. lol
To ensure a faster delivery time after your order is made, we aim to process and send your order ASAP. We reserve the right to use the delivery company that deem most appropriate based on goods, risk and suitable delivery cost/timeframe. We also provide tracking numbers for 99% of our items dispatched to allow monitoring of the item condition and location from our place to yours.
Should there be any concerns for the length of time an item is taking, please contact the Australia Post/Courier Service directly as most of the time you can get more information that we can (as you are the receiving customer). We welcome being kept in the loop with any issues that you have and will provide feedback as appropriate to the staff we are in contact with with these Courier Services but please understand that our hands are mostly tied once the item leaves our hands…
INCORRECT DELIVERY ADDRESSES
During the Checkout process, Customers are given the opportunity to nominate a different delivery address and complete ‘Order Notes (optional)’ where specific notes regarding Authority to Leave/location for parcel placement etc are to be given. The information entered into these fields are automatically transferred using our integrated shipping programs (NOT MANUALLY) and therefore there are no margins for human error in the transfer of this information.
All information will be as per Customer direct input and is then printed on the shipping labels.
Should Australia Post/Freight Company not follow these directions, which are clearly printed on our labels, for any reason we encourage customers to contact that Freight Company directly.
Should the parcel be delivered to a Depot or Post Office, it might help to enquire as to whether a redelivery is possible. If that is not possible or convenient, we encourage you to make suitable arrangements for pickup despite possibly being inconvenient.
This is because any errors by Australia Post/Freight Company are out of our control and we have done everything that we can to ensure that your delivery address/instructions were passed on directly as per your input. Therefore Aussie Chook Supplies does not accept any liability, compensation or redelivery costs associated with any further resending of the parcel.
RTS / RETURN TO SENDER PARCELS
Aussie Chook Supplies will resend parcels at our cost, if the incorrect delivery of the initial parcel is found to be our fault.
Incorrect delivery addresses, failed mail forwarding services and parcels not picked up from Depot/Australia Post Offices and Collection Points will be treated as abandoned parcels and returned by the Freight Company/Australia Post to us in Melbourne, Australia as a matter of routine. If you have received a parcel pickup card from your Freight Company/Australia Post, we strongly suggest that you make appropriate arrangements with the contact details on the card to pickup your parcel at an agreed upon time (if necessary, ask for an extension of time – most people are agreed to this if you ask nicely).
Unless Customers have agreed to pay a redelivery cost, once back in our possession, the items will then be treated as abandoned and no refunds will be given.
MISSING OR UNDELIVERED PARCELS
Unfortunately freight carriers, irrespective of who they are, are not 100% reliable. All our parcels sent with Australia Post and tracking on them, and the tracking number is automatically provided to you via email for monitoring of your goodies.
We will always work with you to locate lost, undelivered or delivered but unlocated parcels but whether us (as the person who has engaged the freight service) or yourself (as the customer receiving the parcel) are the person in charge of the investigation varies from carrier to carrier. Either way, we can always get the issues worked out in your favour.
If your have a package that was marked as delivered but you have not yet received it, we ask that you take the following steps:
- Check with your neighbours, family members or front office (if applicable) to see if the package was left there.
- Contact Christine at email@example.com and include your order number and just let us know what your freight company and tracking number was (emailed to you at dispatch). You will then need to lodge a lost item report. We kindly request that you report your lost or stolen shipment within 7 days of the marked delivery date after inquiring with your family, neighbours and post office.
- Once a shipment has been marked as ‘delivered,’ but for some reason you have not received, but we will help in any way we can. Experience from other Merchants has told us that a combined effort by the purchaser (you) and the business owner (us) is best to get a positive result. Fingers crossed it doesn’t get to this level but we want satisfied customers and you want your products. We are essentially working towards the same goal 🙂
- Please note; Aussie Chook Supplies is not responsible for refunding or reshipping lost orders due to an incorrect address at checkout (we can provide a copy of where items were sent, as per order confirmation)
- In the rare event your order is incomplete or damaged, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can work with you to rectify the issue. Please keep all packaging and take photographs so we can assess your issue without delay.
- Your satisfaction is very important to us and we will work with you quickly to resolve any problems with your order. Aussie Chook Supplies will cover any costs of return and re-shipping for orders where there is an error by us.
This Policy was last updated on November 19th, 2019.
Aussie Chook Supplies