TLC-40 Advance Brooder / Recovery Incubator/ Intensive Care Unit
Our TLC-40 Advance has several applications.
The Advance provides digital control and read-out of temperature, humidity, temperature and power failure alarms and can be further supplemented by Brinsea’s optional EX Humidity Pump to provide full control of humidity too.
Altricial species of birds (including all parrots and birds of prey) are blind and helpless when they hatch and it is some weeks before they are able to move around, control their body temperature and feed themselves. During this period the young birds need to be kept in a clean, temperature controlled environment. As they grow and develop down and feathers they can gradually tolerate lower temperatures and the breeder needs to be able to reduce the chamber temperature easily, whilst still maintaining control. Young birds also benefit from being able to see humans from within the chamber; during this early stage in their development it is essential for young birds to become familiar with the presence of people if they are to be tame in adulthood.
With hygiene a top priority, the TLC-40 Advance has been carefully designed to make cleaning as easy as possible. The lower half of the cabinets and doors are removable allowing them to be scrubbed and immersed. It is also easy to wipe clean the high gloss finish of the ABS plastic upper cabinet and the fan guard is simply detached to allow access to clean the fan. Even the heater is encased in a metal tube making cleaning easy. The control circuit is housed away from the chamber for reliability. Airflow in the TLC-40 and has been carefully optimized to ensure consistent distribution of heat, so that all chicks are at the same temperature but with the fan maintaining gentle airspeeds so that down, fluff and dust are not blown around.
- Accurate and adjustable digital temperature control
- Display choice of °C or °F
- Digital humidity display
- Water pan for humidity
- EX humidity pump option
- Temperature alarm
- Smooth, easy-to-clean interior
- No vulnerable edges for animals to chew
- Positive pressure with gentle fan ventilation
- Twin stage filter, for removal of harmful bacteria and fungi
- Water reservoir for increasing humidity with external top up
- Permanent calibrated digital temperature control
- Tough, clear hinged door with secure catch
- 3 year guarantee in Australia when purchased through Aussie Chook Supplies
- Overall height: 470 mm
- Overall width: 485 mm
- Overall depth: 385 mm
- Floor area: 400 mm x 300 mm
- Effective volume:40 litres
- Power consumption (Watts) Max 150, Typical 85
- Power supply 240 volts with an Australian Plug
- Weight: 6.7kg
This model can be upgraded to the EX version by adding the Humidity Pump Module – see additional images for an example of the TLC-50 Advance EX showing the pump.
Protected by Biomaster Antimicrobial Additive
To reduce the risk of infection Brinseaincorporate Biomaster Antimicrobial Protection into our incubator cabinets during manufacture.Biomaster Protection is embedded within the plastic itself which prevents the growth of harmful bacteria helping to provide the optimum environment for young animals. Proven to quickly reduce bacterial growth by up to 99.99%Biomaster Protection is an effective means of reducing the risk of cross infection from MRSA, E.coli, Campylobacter, Legionella, Salmonella and many other harmful species of bacteria.
Benefits of Biomaster:
- Protects from microbial transfer by cross contamination
- Biomaster contains proven silver ion technology used in medical applications
- Uses silver ion technology which is recognised as safe for eggs, animals and humans
- 99.99% effective against bacteria and microbes
- Effective for the life of the product
- Helps to prevent/reduce unpleasant odours